Sunday, April 12, 2009

Last Long Run before Big Show

Clayton F. Smith Woods Preserve (Chicago, IL)
Saturday, April 11
Nike+: 8.09 @ 1:06:42 (8:14/mile)
Gear: tights, grey/yellow long-sleeve top, black ear band, ate a gel at mile 5
Weather: a little more than 40 degrees
It was a relief to leave BoCoMo for a couple of days and seek sanctuary in the Windy City. I went to Chicago with Mary to visit Yanni and see Alejandro Escovedo in concert. We drove 920 miles, but the trip was well worth it. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Alejandro entered the audience and sang with his heart on his sleeve. Really, really unbelievable.
This was my last "long" training run. Mary and I ran together for the first mile, before she made a trip to the outdoor facilities. The run was in a national forest preserve, just 3.3 miles from Yanni's house.
Despite the expected knee pain, I felt good and strong otherwise. I'm about as ready as I'm going to be for the Big Show. I've trained regularly and taken on some of the toughest routes in Columbia. It's now time to take it easy, do some short runs and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment