Friday, February 20, 2009

4 with Pookie Face


Thursday, February 19
Nike+: 4.15 @ 37:02 (8:54/mile)
Weather: about 25 degrees
Gear: Tights, black long-sleeve shirt, gloves, neon cap, headlamp
I was going to run this 4-miler at Anytime Fitness, but then on my way to the gym, I saw two dudes running up Stadium. I literally turned out of the left lane that would have led me to a treadmill and just kept going straight. If those guys were running outside, then I should too. One dude was even wearing shorts and not a hat - kind of stupid in 25 degree weather, but motivational nonetheless.
I asked Pookie-Face if she wanted to go with me and she agreed; we left from the house and ran to Chapel Hill and back. Usually Pookie-Face doesn't want to run w/ me, but she took a chance and ended up enjoying herself. We chit-chatted along the way and I got an ear-full about her day at work - kind of a good way for both of us to de-stress the day's events.
This was a good run with a nice, consistent pace in enjoyable weather (granted we were dressed for it). Got a little dark before we hit the half-way mark, but still wasn't too bad since I had on my headlamp.
Gotta do a 15-miler this weekend. My thighs hurt from the past three days but I'll be ready. Posscoon will be in Indiana and Dark Horse will be in Kansas City. It'll be the first time since the three of us starting doing long runs together that we'll be on our own. It'll also be the longest distance that each one of us has ever run. I'll be thinking about my brother warriors while I sojourn the lonesome valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment