Wednesday, February 25, 2009

8 is Enough


Nike+: 8.0 @ 1:09:30 (8:40/mile)
Gear: Black shorts, white short-sleeve shirt, headlamp, blinking wristband
Weather: about 60 degress at run time (5:35 p.m.)
Ran this one with Posscoon from his cavern. Dark Horse would have run with us but he had to meet Kristina at the Rec Center so he ran a different route. Posscoon took pity on me again and ran alongside the Running Deer - definitely slower than his normal pace. We actually ended up running all the way to Anytime Fitness on Scott Boulevard - kind of ironic that we ran to my gym and then turned around.
At about the 5 mile mark, the sun's light left us. We turned on our headlamps and kept moving. Had to dodge a pitbull on Chapel Hill and a couple cars on Stadium but we eventually made it to the sanctuary of the trail with only 1/2 mile to go. The temperature dropped as we ran but felt good. I finished with a little slower time than I thought I would but I'm not too worried about it - I'm definitely not 100%. My damn nose is running more than my legs. Need rest.
Check out the elevation on this run - it ain't no joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment