Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Running Deer Meets Standing Deer


Nike+: 3.06 @ 27:57 (9:07/mile)
Weather: about mid-60s (high was in the 70s today)
Gear: Wore short shorts, a white running shirt and my 1/2 marathon hat. After the chafing issues w/ my water bottle belt on Saturday's run, I bought a bottle to carry with me in my hand. It has a strap and holds about 22 ounces. Worked out nicely.

Ran this one with Posscoon after work. We met at his crib and walked down to the MKT where we headed west. But before we got started, we paused near the water where we found several deer waiting for us. At about the half-way point of my marathon training (week 9), the deer were there to remind me of something. The air was cool and the light was fading. They whispered, "Ever forward, never backward." And in an instant, they were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment