Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Propensity for Genius - I Bet that's What You Tell All the Guys


Nike+: 3.09 @ 24:45 (8:00/mile)
Weather: 45 degrees
Gear: Tights, black/red long-sleeve top, neon cap, headlamp (no gloves)
Ran this one after work today. Started on 5th/Elm, south on Providence, west on Stadium to bottom of hill and back.
Although this run wasn't too long, there were some hills to get things challenging. I finished huffing and puffing. Probably ran a little too fast on this one, but I just couldn't help myself. Or something like that.
Got a massage yesterday (Pookie Face's Valentine's Day treat) at Massage Envy for $39. The light was dim and the atmosphere was relaxing. Felt good to lie down and get rubbed.
The masseuse spent quite a bit of time on my neck/shoulders and my legs - she didn't even have time to get to my back. She said my legs were tight, but not too bad. She also said that I have a propensity for genius so I'm not real sure she knew what the hell she was talking about. Anyway, it felt pretty good. If I could afford it, I'd get massages after every single long run. But that's not going to happen. Kneeding the thighs is a good substitute.
Oh, I have to run 15 miles this weekend and the three stooges will not be running together. Not looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. I will rub you down after every long run sweet thing.

    By skipping a day of rest, I will run 39 miles this week. I am already feeling it.

    -jack

    ReplyDelete