Thursday, March 26, 2009

Over the Hills and Far Away


Wednesday, March 25
Nike+: 10.24 @ 1:32:49 (9:03/mile)
Maymyrun: 10.36 @ 1:32:49 (8:56/mile)
Weather:about 50 degrees. The weather was perfect for a 10-miler. I hope it's similar in St. Louis at the Big Show, but who knows.
Gear: new Brooks shorts, white/black phoenix wicking tee, 1/2 Marathon St. Louis hat, gel in back pocket which I ate at mile 7.
Ran this one w/ Posscoon after work.
We took it fairly easy on this one and kept things at my steady pace of about a 9-minute mile which isn't to say that I wasn't hurting b/c I was. My damn knees and thighs were feeling it pretty good. I stretched out good last nite, but woke up a few times with leg pain. I just need my knees to heal up and I'll be alright. Maybe 3 weeks of tapering will help solve the problem (after our pending 20-miler this weekend).
On a sidenote, I realized earlier this morning that today is my dad's birthday. He was born on March 26th and died in his mid-50s. We never saw each other after I turned 16 years old. I could say a lot of things about him, but today, on his day of birth, I'll say that he loved me.
I'm fortunate to have been raised by a strong woman who kept me on the righteous path. As I've said before, any good that I have to offer, comes from my mom. I'll assume liability for the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment