Friday, March 13, 2009

Windy, Hilly Motherf---er!


Sunday, March 8 (ran on Sunday instead of Saturday)
Nike+: 13.20 @ 2:00:18 (I think my new sensor is a little off. I outlined this run on mapmyrun.com and it read 13.29). This means I averaged about a 9:03/mile.
Weather: slightly under 50 degrees, but very, very windy (up to 30 MPH)
Gear: Black shorts, black/red long sleeve top, neon cap, new shoes, H20 bottle entire trip, no gels
This run was hilly as hell and out in no man's land w/ some serious wind. It was difficult, challenging and all of that...but not as bad as last time we went down down to Cooper's Landing.
After running 10 miles, we encountered some serious hills for the remaining 3. My pace was so slow on the last hill that I was basically walking. I removed my cap and made sure to make use of my water bottle. It wore me out, but I made it another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment