Friday, March 13, 2009

Tulsa Run...but in Columbia (15K)


Wednesday, March 11
Nike+: 9.01 @ 1:16:28 (8:28/mile)
Weather: about 30 degrees
Gear: Tights, black long sleeve top that Mary gave me, black wife-beater underneath, neon cap, gloves, new shoes, no H20 bottle
I still think my Nike+ system is slightly underestimating my distance, but I ran until it said 9 miles anyway (over ran the 1/2 markers to reach the required distance).
When I was a sophomore in high school, my wrestling coach, Mr. Wilke, made the team run the Tulsa Run. It was a 15K which is 9.3 miles. I don't remember my exact time, but I still own the booklet w/ my official results (my mom ran it, too) and I know I ran much faster on this run today. Kind of weird to go out after work and run 9 miles, but all in all, it felt pretty good. I was worried about heating up but eventually by body cooled off a little. The extra hour of daylight was great. I felt relatively strong on this run.

No comments:

Post a Comment