Friday, January 23, 2009

Heat Wave - 50 degrees at run time, January 22nd


Nike+: 3.12 @ 25:25 (8:07/mile)
After several days of cold weather, it was nice to get out there and only wear a t-shirt up top. Down below, I wore my black tights. The trip was a little cooler than I expected, but still not too bad.
I started at my normal spot (next to the office) and headed southwest - just followed the trail for about 1.54 miles and made a u-turn. When I ran under the tunnels at the end, I couldn't see where my feet were landing. It was blind faith that got me through there.
Saw several people on the trail - even a large group going the other way.
Students are now back on campus and everything is much busier. I appreciate the energy but also find it distracting. Gotz to focus.
At the end of this run, I was ready to stop and catch my breath. My lower legs definitely hurt so I stretched out a little bit.
Tomorrow is Saturday and I plan to run with Posscoon and Dark Horse at 10 am. It's going to be about 15 degrees with a zero windchill.
We've all had less than a stellar week and are looking for some inspiration. We're headed west to a river where a mighty oak both whispers and shouts its presence, "I am here. Hear me roar!"

2 comments:

  1. I am listening Burr Oak! Send me your message! Give me guidance in my quest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i might climb the tree

    ReplyDelete