Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Six Weeks Down, Twelve Weeks To Go


Running Deer and Yanni (3-time marathoner)

Nike+: 3.01 miles @ 27:08 (9:00/mile)
Due to the snow and ice, I decided to run on the treadmill at Anytime Fitness. I took it real easy on the first mile and eased my way into things. I started at about a 10-minute mile and slowly sped up to finish in 27 minutes. I have no idea what pace I should train at to run a marathon. Although it's obvious, the slower I run, generally the better I feel. I think I'll slow things down in expectation of the long runs to come on Saturdays. On the longest training run so far, I averaged about an 8:30/mile but have no idea what to expect for a marathon. The real goal is arriving at the starting line in good shape and making it to the finish line.
This morning I walked Sly at about 6:45 am and there was untouched snow on the ground. The sky was dark and the atmosphere was quiet. It was quite nice.
Spoke with Yanni tonight. He's run 3 marathons - all in Chicago. Maybe we'll run one together someday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey... I know the guy in that picture! Looks like I have a lot of reading to do here to catch up on your running escapades.

    ReplyDelete