Friday, January 30, 2009

I Run...


B-52 Baby, Way Up In The Sky!!!
Wildflower and Peacedog in Kansas City before a performance by one of our favorite bands. This was about the time that I left Columbia and took a job in Houston.

The following poem was written by my good friend and cousin Troy Paul Rickertsen. Ol' Wildflower stood by me when I got married in Rocheport last year. He's a poet. And a runner.

"Have you ever heard someone say... 'Why in the world would you run, unless you were being chased?'. Well, it's taken me the better part of two decades to understand why I am drawn to running. This touches a few of the reasons...

I run mostly for joy
I run to escape
I run to connect
I run to embrace my fears
I run for pleasure beyond pain
I run to seek answers
I run because this is the time
I run for obedience
I run out of honor
I run for speed
I run to feel high
I run through the lows
I run to test my limits
I run to learn of the human spirit
I run out of fascination
I run for others who can't
I run for some peace
I run to understand the gift
I run to say thanks
I run to remember the cost of His love

While there's time, share the lifewalk."

No comments:

Post a Comment